Implement Random Acts of Kindness
- Hire a chocolate fountain for the day for the office.
- Leave a welcome message on a meeting room’s whiteboard when you leave.
- Share praise with a co-worker’s boss and their boss’s boss.
- Hand-write a Thank You note to someone you appreciate.
- Take a new employee to lunch.
- Hire a popcorn vendor for your foyer for the day.
- Put out a bowl of fruit/jar of lollies in the kitchen.
- Bring in breakfast or morning/afternoon tea for your team.
- Help someone before they ask.
Communicate Effectively and Efficiently
Communication, without a doubt, is a crucial aspect of business operations. Without an effective system of communication in place, you will have difficulty in achieving goals and even in functioning properly. Communication here, by the way, is not just the simple use of devices, such as phones or verbal and written exchanges of information. It is about designing and using communication systems that are appropriate for the needs of a business or company.
Set Clear Goals and Provide Feedback
Employees or personnel will be more motivated if they know what they are expected to achieve. Clearly stating goals or having a company vision provides guidance for everyone. Short-term goals, in particular, are effective in encouraging employees to properly manage their speed in doing tasks to meet targets.
Motivate through Gamification
Motivation is a very important factor in ensuring productivity. Unmotivated employees get bored especially when they are dealing with monotonous routines. Likewise, employees who lack motivation may not have the enthusiasm to complete challenging tasks. One effective way of motivating employees is through the use of gamification techniques. Tasks like completing reports or contributing ideas for projects and policy changes can be gamified to make them more appealing, exciting, or interesting.