This demonstrates a huge potential for social media marketing to increase sales, but a lack of understanding on how to achieve those results. Here’s a look at just some of the ways social media marketing can improve your business:
Does the thought of Social Media put you into a spin. What is Social Media Speak. Let me help you to enter this world of wonder and social marketing
1. Get your domain today.
- Once you have a domain, you’ll need to buy hosting services and then begin to build your site. If you don’t know how to design a site, you can either hire a designer or use a site builder that offers pre-made templates through your host. No matter which method you choose, your site should include the following:
- Information about your company, product and opportunity
- A system for ordering your product or registering to operate a business
- Information about training and your support team
- A list of the advantages of joining your company and team
- The offer of a free e-book, document or newsletter if users give you their name and a valid e-mail
- An autoresponder that sends follow-up e-mails to everyone who provides their contact information. Make sure it can also send out newsletters.
2. Use blog/weblogs to your advantage.
- You don’t have to be a penned wordsmith to be a good blogger. Blogging comes in many formats and the key is that blogging is conversational.
- You can try traditionally penned blogs.
- You can record audio tracks which is known as podcasting.
- A third method is microblogging and a popular platform for this is twitter. In 140 characters or less microblogging allows you to engage prospects and carry out easy conversations.
- Blogging is a critical component of social media marketing because it allows businesses to provide information through the use of fresh, relevant content.
- Incorporating blogging as part of a company’s internet marketing strategy provides the company with a good opportunity to be found in the search engines for the company’s desired markets.
3. Create a network for your business online.
- One of the most popular and highly addictive web 2.0 mediums for online consumers are the social networks.
- Social networks allow consumers and business professionals to network among friends, strangers, acquaintances, and professionals all in one place.
- If small businesses keep an open mind and keep their networks open they have the potential to grow their networks exponentially by allowing other consumers into their fold.
- Social networks also allow businesses to update the public on new improvement in product lines, what an average day is like at xyz company. Social networks are varied in purpose and the amount of social networks can be mind numbing, but the most popular platforms determined by marketing research about consumer online behavior are currently LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- It brings you closer to the people who require your website, products, and line of business the most and gives you information about experience and feedback’s of your target market.
4. Syndicate your content from your business to your online site.
- Social networks and blog platforms are relatively low on cost investment, but they are far from maintenance free marketing endeavors.
- To blog and create viable weekly online content the time commitment involved is a minimum of 5-10 hours a week.
- How can you effectively communicate online through providing fresh and relevant information AND then market that information to all of your contacts across all of the social networks? The answer is syndication.
- Syndicating content allows your message and your information to be reached across the worldwide web. You can syndicate your content by using an online social service that will broadcast your updates across the social networks. You can also syndicate your marketing collateral by using a service that will syndicate your flyers across social networks.
Marketing tactics you may want to try out include:
- Free classifieds
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Paid banner advertising
- Writing articles that include links to your website
- Starting a blog
- Participating in forums and newsgroups
- Starting an e-mail newsletter