7 Habits for a Better Work-Life Balance
Establishing a balance between work and personal life can be a daunting experience for some. It takes years of efforts and experience in figuring out how to deal with the most crucial matters in the workplace while preventing any strain on personal life. For example, a manager may have a tough time at office negotiating with clients and maintaining harmony between employees of different opinions. This may leave him stressed and frustrated. As a result, he might be facing difficulty in spending quality time with his family. A right approach can help him solve any issue within the office and enjoy family time in the evening when he returns home after work.
For any manager, it is difficult to maintain coordination, cooperation, integration and unity between people with different minds. Trust, respect, openness, and the spirit of teamwork bind employees and shun any possibility of miscommunication and dispute which ultimately leads to a harmonized workplace.
- Trust: Trust is the foundation of every great relationship. People who trust each other are more likely to be open and expressive about their point of views. Trust also enhances a person’s capacity to listen and understand the diverse point of views. Establishing trust in the workplace can help build a healthy environment and reduce work stress.
- Openness: Openness is a feeling that reflects respect and willingness to hear and be heard. For a better work-life balance, the employees should be encouraged to be open and expressive. This help eliminates grudges if any and also reduces the chances of back biting within the workplace.
- Respect: Every employee should understand that no one is perfect. Often employees carry high expectations from managers, colleagues and the company. Unachieved expectations often lead to dispute. Expecting something from someone is not wrong. But, it is also important to respect each other to accept failure or missed expectations.
- Teamwork: It takes two to tango, right? Teamwork is crucial for the working of any organization. Without teamwork, it is near to impossible to achieve common goals.
- Joy: Employees are more productive when they are happy. Managers should try and keep the employees happy in the workplace to promote a better work-life balance.
- Kindness: A workplace is a place where people of different groups join to work towards a common goal. In an environment like this it is important to be careful, kind, generous and considerate towards all.
- Forgiveness: To err is human, to forgive divine. In a workplace it is important for everyone to understand that anyone can make mistake. But forgiveness is the key to a great relationship.
The workplace is a place where people of different origin, caste, education, minds, and experience join to work towards a common goal. The different viewpoints at the workplace may at times add to stress and disturb in one’s work life. Establishing harmony by encouraging respect, trust, care, joy, and confidence can help maintain harmony.