These days more and more of people are opting to work as a freelancer and more and more of companies are outsourcing work to get projects completed timely and efficiently. Although freelance work is sought to be cost-effective for employers, it does come with certain disadvantages. As an employer, you cannot keep a tab on your freelancer and know how much time he/she is dedicating to help you get your task accomplished. Teamviewer is one of the tools that are used by employers to track the work status of a freelancer. The tool lets the two parties share screen, record time and get screenshot of the work being completed. There are many more such tools available in the marker. Some of them are listed below:
1. Windows Remote Desktop Connection : Most of the Windows operating system has windows remote desktop connection installed by default. The application can be located in the control panel. This is one of the easiest alternatives to Teamviewer. With this app pre-installed on your PC, you don't have to download any third party tool or app to get the work done.
2. Real VNC : Real VNC is also one of the most popular alternatives to Team viewer. This app is available in both versions – paid & free. The app lets you connect to a remote computer(s) through a public IP address even though both the computers can be totally different.. The app has been tested and tried by many people across the world.
3. Join.me : Join.me has been around for quite some time. Its feature of connecting to multiple PCs and mobiles is not known by many. Join.me can set up on any computer and used to connect any device remotely. The Join.me tool, just like Real VNC, comes in two versions – paid and free. With the paid version you can connect with as many as 250 people/computers. The app is available on Google Play store and on the internet as well.
4. Splashtop :The Splashtop is also one of the alternatives Teamviewer available online. The tool can be used for individual as well as business purpose. If you are planning to launch a new business or build a team of a freelancer, you should consider Splashtop.
5. LogmeIn Pro :LogmeIn Pro not only works like Teamviewer but also has some advanced features that let share file, folders, send a print command to the local network and a lot more. The tool has many amazing features that can help you manage work.
6. UltraVNC : UltraVNC is a free tool to connect to computers. It primarily supports Windows operating system. Using UltraVNC one can share files, documents, large folders through public IP address. It is easy to set up and takes small space on your computer. The UltraVNC lets you manage and control the other PC remotely just like you do it manually. You can control the keyboard, screen, apps and a lot more.
7. Chrome Remote Desktop : Chrome Remote Desktop is yet another tool that lets you manage and control other computers remotely without downloading any software or program. The app can be accessed right from the Google Chrome Browser right from any desktop. The app is free to use and can be used to work remotely.
8. WebEx Free : The WebEx Free is specially designed to allow people sitting far from each other to join over a meeting. The app does more than just sharing files and folders. It let you discuss work, present presentation and be a part of a major task. With WebEx installed on your system you can expect live chat. You can even access the computer of others through mouse and perform certain tasks. You can conduct conferences and meet with millions of people with this amazing tool. The WebEx Free has a free trial that can be availed right through its official site. If you are not sure of this app you can test try it for yourself and make decision.
9. AMMYY Admin : AMMMY Admin is yet another app that can be used for individual purposes and business purposes. This app uses lesser space, in comparison to other apps. The app can let you have live chat, file sharing, and a lot more. This app is quick, easy & secure to download. It is one of the most popular alternatives to Team viewer as it is free & the quickest way to control your computer. The tool takes up only 1MB of space.
10. Mikogo : Mikogo is yet another is a desktop client that can be accessed right from the browser. It does not need any third party software, app, tool or program to operate. It can be used for individual as well as business purposes. The app is free of cost because of its structure and can be accessed through mobile or smart devices as well. Mikogo hosts a range of amazing features just as a whiteboard and other usual features like live chat, file sharing and more.
Conclusion: So these were some of the Teamviewer alternatives that can be tried for people or freelancers working in a team. Some of the aforementioned TeamViewer alternatives are paid, while some are free. You can decide and try upon your preferability and get best out of them. These days, most of the freelancer whether clients or contractors are relying on these tools to maintain trust and achieve targets effectively. With Teamviewer alternatives, one can achieve set targets on time and deliver great work. So, try them for better work experience.
I hope you found the article informative. If you know more such apps that can help people work better, please share them with us. Also, do not forget to share the article to help other in their respective tasks.